Are you using OneDrive, but not happy with it? Do you want to disable OneDrive in Windows 10? In this article, we’ll show you how to disable OneDrive, and we’ll also show you how to uninstall it if you want to remove it from your computer entirely. Let’s get started.
Do you really need a Screensaver? Find out here.
What Is OneDrive?
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud storage service. When you install Windows 10, OneDrive is automatically installed and set up to sync with your files and folders.
The idea is that you can access your files from any device, whether you’re at home or on the go. But if you don’t want to use OneDrive or need to disable it for some reason, here’s how to do it.
How to Disable OneDrive
Here’s how to disable OneDrive in Windows 10:
First, select the Onedrive icon in the taskbar.
From there, select the settings icon, and choose “Settings” from the popup.
On the “Account” tab, select Unlink this PC.
Select “Unlink Account” from the dialogue box to continue.
You may also like: The best way to recover deleted files.
How to Re-Enable OneDrive
Here’s how to re-enable OneDrive in Windows 10:
1. Open up the Settings app.
2. Go to System > Storage.
3. Scroll down to “Manage storage settings” and select “View backup options”.
4. Under “Backup files to OneDrive”, select Sign in to OneDrive.
How to Uninstall OneDrive
Here’s how to uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10:
1. Open up the Start Menu and type “Control Panel.”
2. Click on “Uninstall a Program.”
3. Scroll down and locate “Microsoft OneDrive”.
4. Click on “Uninstall.”
5. You’ll be asked to confirm your decision. Click “Yes.”
Now that you know how to disable OneDrive in Windows 10, you can get on with your work without the nagging reminder that OneDrive is there, taking up space and processing power.